Monday, June 21, 2010

Pray for M.O.M. (Listen)

Good Morning Prayer Angels!

Summer is here! (Okay, here in the NW, it is summer by date only, not by weather!) So at least put on a sunny disposition before you begin to pray for marriages today!

It can seem very cute when we watch spouses start finishing each others sentences. Is it always positive though? What happens when we stop listening and start assuming? Does our spouse feel heard? What if we respond before they finish a sentence or vice versa? It is said that there is a reason God gave us two ears and one mouth! So this week, listen to your spouse twice as much as you talk. (If you’re not married, try this with an important person in your life.) See if listening makes a difference. Then as you pray for marriages, spend twice as much time listening for God’s response. See what happens.

"I will watch my ways, lest I sin with my tongue; I will set a curb on my mouth." (Ps 39:2)

“Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening” (1Sam 3:9)

Pray for all marriages, that through listening, all may see with new eyes.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet