Monday, August 23, 2010

Pray for M.O.M. (Reinforcing the Foundation)

Good Morning Prayer Angels,

Young Love. Sweet, tender, and so full of hope. Absolute focus on the positive. Ease in minimizing the negative. Unshakeable faith in the sustainability of their relationship. How precious marriage begins with a leap of faith when one says, “I do”. “I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.” It can be a rude awakening when one realizes that there must have been pages of fine print they forgot to read!

It is helpful to remember/learn/realize, that sacramental marriage is a covenant with the Lord. Through this union, God is preparing the husband and wife for the ultimate heavenly union with Him. Through all trials, He will never leave you or abandon you.

For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. [Selah] Ps 62 5-8

Action: Try to see the Spirit of Lord within your spouse. Re-read your wedding vows. If you are not married, encourage a married friend or family member to do so. Then pray for all marriages, that the Lord help each couple reinforce a weakened foundation in Him.

Peace, Love, and Joy,
Janet