Friday, December 31, 2010

Pray for Families (I Love You)

Dearest Prayer Warriors,

While at church this past week, during the homily I learned of a fabulous acronym. I thought it would be the perfect thing to share with you as this year comes to a close. While there has been a lot of focus on the role of the parent in the family, in contrast I like that this focuses on the role of the child (either adult or minor).

F ather
A nd
M other
I
L ove
Y ou.

A strong family depends on mutual respect, but it is important that children honor their father and mother. This is shown through love and obedience, in the same way that Christ loved and obeyed his earthly parents. Even He didn’t say, “You don’t know what you’re talking about! I know better than you!”

After three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions, and all who heard him were astounded at his understanding and his answers. When his parents saw him, they were astonished, and his mother said to him, "Son, why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been looking for you with great anxiety." And he said to them, "Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?" But they did not understand what he said to them. He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them; and his mother kept all these things in her heart. Luke 2:46-51


Share this with a child of any age. Ask that they start the New Year by showing and/or expressing their love for their parent(s). Then say a prayer together for the family.

May the New Year fill your hearts with….Peace, Joy, and Love.
May God bless you abundantly,
Janet