Monday, January 17, 2011

Pray for Marriages (I have a dream)

Dear Prayer Warriors,

Today, we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day, in honor of this brave civil rights activist. I know that his “I have a dream” speech is beyond famous, but I had to admit, I knew not one line beyond the title. So I thought it was about time that I read the speech in full. And as you might guess, there were so many parallels to marriage!!! (Just kidding…kind of…)

What an inspiring, beautiful, faith-filled speech. His words at times read like the Psalms, as he verbally leads the Black community from despair to hope. This is where I see the parallel to so many marriages. So many couples are crying out to be led from despair to hope.

“I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.”

I have a dream too; For marriages that have been climbing the hills and then sinking into the valleys, to once again find their path…

“I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
This is our hope. This is the faith ……... … With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope.


…and I pray that with the grace of our loving and merciful God, that that stone of hope will turn to faith, and that new found faith will lead to peace and joy, and that love in marriages will grow to a depth beyond imagination. May all married couples rest in the Lord because:

"With men it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27

Dare to dream. Continue to pray tirelessly for marriages.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share my dream: simplyinspiredprayer.blogspot.com/