Greetings Prayer Warriors,
Sometimes it’s just good to remember (or learn) the basics. Do you know the 4 essential elements of Christian marriage?*
(1) Unity: Marriage is a covenant that by its very nature brings about bodily, intellectual, and spiritual union between a man and a woman
(2) Indissolubility: Marriage lasts "until death do us part"
(3) Openness to offspring: Every marriage must be open to children
(4) Commitment to the spouse's welfare
Free, total, fruitful, faithful.
And over all these put on love, that is, the bond of perfection. And let the peace of Christ control your hearts, the peace into which you were also called in one body. And be thankful. Colossians 3:14-15
Let us pray for all married couples.
- Lord, as you make them one in a sacramental marriage, keep them unified with an abundance of your grace.
- Lord, make couples know that you are with them, especially in the trials of their marriage. As they overcome adversity, help them grow in love.
- Lord, may couples trust your plan. May all come to see children as the blessed gift that they are. May children be a constant reminder of the unconditional love that God has for us.
- Lord, may we not focus on our own selfish desires and needs, but see to the welfare of our spouse, both emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually. Help each spouse go above and beyond expectations, to glorify You.
Today, there are those who say that marriage is out of fashion. Is it out of fashion? In a culture of relativism and the ephemeral, many preach the importance of ‘enjoying’ the moment. They say that it is not worth making a life-long commitment, making a definitive decision, ‘for ever’, because we do not know what tomorrow will bring. I ask you, instead, to be revolutionaries, I ask you to swim against the tide; yes, I am asking you to rebel against this culture that sees everything as temporary and that ultimately believes you are incapable of responsibility, that believes you are incapable of true love. I have confidence in you and I pray for you. Have the courage ‘to swim against the tide’. And also have the courage to be happy.” Pope Francis
Peace, Joy, and Love,
Be a revolutionary. Pass it on!
* CCC 1625-8