Monday, June 30, 2014

Pray for Marriages (Poured out like a libation)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

As you hold on to the word of life, so that my boast for the day of Christ may be that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. But, even if I am poured out as a libation upon the sacrificial service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with all of you.  Philippians 2: 16-17

I am struck by Paul’s words, “poured out like a libation”. I immediately visualize Jesus on the cross, with blood and water pouring forth from his side as a fount of mercy for us; Pure sacrificial love. In imitation of Christ, Paul also gave of himself for the advancement of the Kingdom of God. He no longer had regard for self, but for the salvation of others.

Yet I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:20

We have much to learn from St. Paul. Anchored in Christ, his heart enkindled by the fire of Christ’s love, he became fearless.

I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me. Philippians 4:13

Inspired by Paul’s example, let us pray for that we too may imitate the love of Christ, starting within our marriages.

Lord, we ask that all married couples be given the grace to pour themselves out for the benefit of the other.  May they find ongoing strength and fortitude by allowing Christ to work through them. May all their giving be out of pure love, finding joy in each sacrifice. Lord, continue to send us examples of holiness, beacons of light and hope for us in this world.  Amen.

Do everything without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine like lights in the world. Philippians 2:14-15

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet
  
Everyone needs prayer.  Everyone needs to pray. Pass it on!