Friday, February 20, 2015

Pray for Families (Invitation to Love)

Greeting Prayer Warriors,

As we enter into Lent, we begin to hear throughout all the gospels themes such as “die to self,”  “pick up your cross and follow me,”  “sacrifice,” “lose your life for my sake,” and so on.  On a bad day all these “commands” can sound “exhausting” and like something we’ll consider tomorrow when we’re not so dead tired from all of life’s obligations! 

Let’s not start our Lenten walk with a to-do list of all we plan to accomplish, but rather start with the desire to meditate on this beautiful story of sacrificial Love.  Christ is asking us to change our lives, but perhaps to take the first step we just have to reframe what He is asking us by looking at it in a different light.  Imagine Him saying to you:

Your name, I made you as a unique gem to bring a special light into this world.  For you to reflect your true brilliance as a gem and fulfill the role for which I created you, I need you to allow me to shape and mold you. Trials you receive may feel like painful cuts, but I see how they will only increase the way in which you reflect my light into this darkened world.  Will you trust me in your pain? I promise clarity and light will come.

Alternately, perhaps He whispers to you:

Your name, sparks danced when I conceived of you, because they knew I desired to use you as my light of love in this world.  You have difficulty seeing how you will have an impact on anything, but indeed if you don’t run from the fire of my love, you will be a spark that touches several lives.  Many fear the flame, but as it touches the wick of your heart, my love with burst forth through you to others.  Will you please draw close to me? My heart burns with love for you, please don’t snuff me out of your life.

Do not fear or be troubled. Did I not announce it to you long ago? I declared it, and you are my witnesses. Is there any God but me? There is no other Rock, I know of none! Isaiah 44:8

Let us pray for one another and for our families, that during Lent we each discover just how Christ is calling each one of us to walk with Him.   By meditating on His Passion and willfully saying yes to His call, “come follow me”, we will be transformed into the change that is needed in this world—hearts aflame with His love, bringing hope to all.

As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace. 1 Peter 4:10

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Radiate His love into the world.  Pass it on!