Friday, March 6, 2015

Pray for Families (Love is the Answer)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

While reading scripture today, I was struck in a new way about the saving power of love.  Love is so transformative!  Love really is the answer, I thought, and my heart concurred.   Love disarms.  Love changes hearts. Love is a balm to many wounds.  Love fosters peace: Peace in our hearts, peace in our household, peace in our community, and peace in our world.

“Love is the answer” kept dancing in my mind and I then realized I once knew a song with those lyrics.  Although I couldn’t name the source, I quickly found it, a song from my youth.  Little did I know then what the lyrics were about, but to my joy it could have been a gospel song!

Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all
Set us free
Love is the answer.*

The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a mighty savior, who will rejoice over you with gladness, and renew you in his love, who will sing joyfully because of you. Zephaniah 3:17

Love will eradicate hate, and it starts with each one of us. We in this world are one family.  His Love in us will allow us to love others.  It’s time to heal the world through love, beginning in our own family.

Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8


Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Love is always the answer. Pass it on! 


*Lyrics by Todd Rundgren; Performed by England Dan and John Ford Coley.