Friday, July 24, 2015

Pray for Families (Freedom from Depression and Despair)

Greetings Dearest Prayer Warriors!          

Each life has moments of joy and heartache.  When darkness obscures the Light, it opens the door to depression and despair.  Let us pray for those who are most at risk of entering that door.

The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me; He has sent me to bring good news to the afflicted, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, release to the prisoners.  Isaiah 61:1

Reaching, reaching, out for You,
Sinking, sinking, feeling blue.
Hoping you will grasp my hand,
As I tire in this sand.

In frustration, I may seem teary,
But hope sustains me, though I’m weary.
After darkness comes the light;
Help me see, restore my sight!

Afflicted, broken, downcast me
Forgive my sin and set me free,
Unlock the chains that pull me down,
For You conquered death, You gained the crown.

Faith, a gift that lifts me up,
From this deep and mucky rut,
Shine your light, help me to see,
Love eternal, rescue me.
JFL 2015

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Prayer is the helium in one’s life.  Give someone a lift and pass it on!