Friday, July 10, 2015

Pray for Families (Mourning into Joy)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Blessed are those who mourn, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  
Matthew 5:4

When a family member dies, it can be heart wrenching, especially when their death is untimely or unexpected.  These occurrences can either lead to a blame game, what-ifs, wish I would have’s, etc., or they can lead to a mobilization of family and community support.   Each is a choice.   Division or unity?

With weeping they shall come, but with compassion I will guide them. Jeremiah 31:9

Lord, we pray for all those who mourn, whose hearts ache with the pain of loss. Heal the broken-hearted and lift them from their sorrow.  Your ways are not our ways, and thus we are often left bewildered.  Heavenly Father, help us to understand that your master plan is always for our good.  Help all to be open to your grace, for your grace is sufficient for us, as your power is made perfect in our weakness. May your grace be the glue that keeps families unified, especially in the darkest of times.   Bless and protect the family, as it is through the family that your love is magnified.   Amen.

You changed my mourning into dancing; you took off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, so that my glory may praise you and not be silent.  O Lord, my God, forever will I give you thanks.  Psalm 30:12-13

Peace to your soul, Joy to your heart, and Love everlasting,
Janet

Love compassionately. Pray often. Pass it on!