Friday, August 14, 2015

Pray for Families (Faith in Adversity)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

While we often pray for issues within the family, my heart goes out to those families throughout the world torn apart by wars, persecution, and poverty.  Many families lose one or both parents, and are often left without any source of income. There are many actions we can take to help, but the first and simplest is prayer.  Say a prayer for them and then a prayer for yourself so that you may know in what manner the Lord is calling you to respond.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? The LORD is my life’s refuge; of whom should I be afraid? When evildoers come at me to devour my flesh, these my enemies and foes themselves stumble and fall. Though an army encamp against me, my heart does not fear; Though war be waged against me, even then do I trust. Psalm 27: 1-3

Let us pray for these families, that their faith, hope, and love remain strong, and that our hearts are open to our brothers and sisters throughout the world.  Lord, teach us to serve as you served!  Help us to love as you loved!  Use our hands, feet, and voice to bring about change in this world, a change where hearts are transformed into vessels of your love and mercy.

One thing I ask of the LORD; this I seek: To dwell in the LORD’s house all the days of my life, To gaze on the LORD’s beauty, to visit his temple. For God will hide me in his shelter in time of trouble, He will conceal me in the cover of his tent; and set me high upon a rock. Even now my head is held high above my enemies on every side! I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and chant praise to the LORD. Psalm 27:4-6

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Help the Lord transform a heart.  Pass it on!