Greetings Prayer Warriors,
What joy a heart must have experienced to be one that was blessed with the news that the prophecy of the Messiah had been fulfilled!
When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of King Herod magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star at its rising and have come to do him homage.” After their audience with the king they set out. And behold, the star that they had seen at its rising preceded them, until it came and stopped over the place where the child was. They were overjoyed at seeing the star, and on entering the house they saw the child with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did him homage. Then they opened their treasures and offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Matthew 2:1-2, 9-11
What lessons can be learned from the Magi?
- In leaving all behind to seek the Lord, they showed that they loved the Lord with all their heart, with all their soul, with all their mind and with all their strength.
- It is a privilege and a blessing to be in the presence of the Lord, (So much so that the Magi made a very long trek. How difficult is it for you?)
- Placing oneself in the presence of God physically or through prayer brings joy! (Aren’t we always looking to increase our joy?)
- No matter our status or rank in this world we must humble ourselves before the Lord for we are nothing without Him. (Herod obviously missed this point. Lord, help us see our need for You!)
- We must give back to the Lord the gifts He has showered upon us. (That doesn’t necessarily mean material gifts. Were you given a beautiful voice? Praise Him with it! A gift of hospitality? Share it with others! A passion for prayer? Pray for others!
Spend some time meditating on Matthew 2. What is the Lord saying to you?
As always, take a moment to pray for your family, that they may be given the grace to praise and glorify the Lord, each in their own unique way.
Peace, Joy, and Love,
May you be filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of God! Pass it on!