Monday, March 20, 2017

Pray for Marriages (Blind to the Truth)


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

While flying home recently, I thought I’d be a good wife by giving my husband the aisle seat while I took the middle.  It’s the little things that count, right?  Within one minute, I knew my husband owed me BIG TIME because the woman seated next to me, although very nice, was EXTREMELY chatty. When I politely tried to end the conversation with her, she would observe what I was reading or doing and comment on it to reinitiate the conversation.  By the end of the flight, I knew her whole life story.

The woman was a vibrant 70 years old widow who owned her own business. She was living with another women’s husband who was 52 and a father to two grade school aged boys.  Apparently his wife screams a lot she confided to me, justifying his behavior.  My seatmate called this man her “boyfriend” and said that she didn’t see anything wrong with it, because she was so much older than this man.  I did not ask her to elaborate because frankly, I didn’t want to know more.  

The one you have now is not your husband. What you have said is true.” John 4:18

Most of us have known someone who has dated a married man or woman.  Often, they find nothing wrong with their behavior, and try to justify their actions, blinding themselves to the wrong.  May we have the courage to speak the truth in love to those who stray.  Let us to pray for the light of Christ to shine in all marriages that are clouded from reality. May darkened minds be illumined with clarity and light. Let us also pray also for the spouses victimized by their husband’s/wife’s infidelity. May the Lord bring healing, reconciliation, and peace.  Good Shepherd, come quickly to find the sheep that have wandered away, those who have become stuck in the thicket, and those are crying in pain. 

Take no part in the fruitless works of darkness; rather expose them, for it is shameful even to mention the things done by them in secret; but everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for everything that becomes visible is light. Therefore, it says: “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” Ephesians 5:11-14

You have been purchased at a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body. 
1 Corinthians 6:20

Continue to light our darkened paths Lord!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Prayer can sooth an aching heart and illuminate a darkened soul. So pray and pass it on!