Monday, October 9, 2017

Pray for Marriages (The Light to See)


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Each person reacts differently when difficulties arise and stressors enter into their marriage.  Perhaps they are a communicator that needs to argue about or hash out every single issue. Conversely, maybe they are less verbal and emotionally or physically just check out.  Whether singular or frequent occurrences, neither arguing nor sleepwalking through a relationship is healthy. The Lord patiently awaits our call.  "I have lost my bearings in this darkness, and cannot find my way back.  I want to return to where I began. Come to my rescue!"

Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” Ephesians 5:14

Almighty God, flood our hearts and souls with the light of your presence!

We may secretly wonder why there is no instruction manual for marriage. His light makes it more understandable. Simply put, there doesn’t need to be a manual when just 8 words seem to summarize it all.

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

What’s more difficult than imitating Christ?  Trying to do it without His assistance! 
  • When my spouse is in darkness, do I do my best to reflect His Light?
  • Do I seek to win arguments, or seek to understand a different point of view?
  • When I am offended, do I turn the other cheek?
  • Do I bear my crosses patiently for the good of my spouse and myself, or bemoan their weight?  

Come quickly to help me, LORD!  Psalms 40:14

Lord, thank you for never leaving us to our own devices. We join our prayers into a big bouquet of gratitude for your loving guidance and abundant blessings on marriage.  Help us to never lose hope when we feel the burden of our crosses.  May we instead rejoice in the fact that you invited us to walk right along side of you.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. 1 Corinthians 13; 7-8

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Help a marital sleepwalker find their way out of the darkness. Pass it on!