Friday, November 3, 2017

Pray for Families (The Immortal Soul)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful.  James 5:16

As the holiday season rapidly approaches, our hearts often call to mind those loved ones who are no longer in this world. While we pray for families, we don’t think often enough of those who have passed.  Many religions don’t pray for the dead.  While the body is dead, the soul is not. Since God exists outside of time, our prayers can and do have efficacy.  In honor of family members who are no longer with us, please remember them in prayer.  Pray also for those of different faiths, because some may have no one to pray for their soul.

And concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”  Matthew 22:31:32 (emphasis added)

Have mercy on me, God, in accord with your merciful love; in your abundant compassion blot out my transgressions. Thoroughly wash away my guilt; and from my sin cleanse me. For I know my transgressions; my sin is always before me.  Psalm 51:3-5

Let us give praise to our God!

For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share the reason for your hope!  Pass it on!