Friday, February 9, 2018

Pray for Family (The Gift of Wisdom)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Today I am in warm and sunny Southern California. The weather is an amazing anti-depressant, which is welcome when you live in Seattle as I do. I am blessed to spend time with my mother at her Catholic independent living residence. There is much wisdom to be gained from the elderly!

How much better to get wisdom than gold! To get understanding is preferable to silver. Proverbs 15:16

I had the pleasure of dining with the residents today, several of whom are priests. All the residents have joy, despite their frailties and sometimes-obvious crosses. My mother loves to entertain them with her humor. She never hesitates to share her wisdom, no matter how opinionated it may appear. J The elderly of today are special to me as most were raised during the depression and served in or supported those in WWII or the Korean War. They know what selflessness truly is.

Today my prayer is to celebrate the gift of family time, especially with the elderly. As you too pray for family, may your prayers include the action of truly engaging with them.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Seek the wisdom of the elderly! It may be now or never. Pass it on!