Friday, September 14, 2018

Pray for Families (Sacrificial Loving)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Over the years as I’ve contemplated Christ’s Passion, other than knowing it was horrible, it’s been hard for me feel how difficult it must have been for Him to endure. Yet if I break it down, it becomes more tangible. In Gethsemane, he prayed alone (while the apostles slept) and sweated blood in anticipation of bearing the gravity of our sins. Reflecting on times I’ve felt alone, abandoned, and betrayed, makes His experience real to me. My abandoning and betraying Him through my own sins, became His reality. His scourging leads me to reflect on the times I’ve been hurt through another’s actions, words, or deeds, yet I’d be remiss if I didn’t consider the effect of my own such actions on Him.  Continuing my reflections, I slowly came to understand his Passion in a new way. It was through the cross that my salvation was born. Embracing my cross is easier now, because it has new meaning. Sanctification of self and others emanates from our crosses. For it was because of Christ’s love for us that he embraced his cross, so how can we respond in any other way but imitation?

If you are patient when you suffer for doing what is good, this is a grace before God. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his footsteps. 1 Peter 2: 20-21

Offer your crosses as a prayer for family members. With each sacrifice, asking the Lord to renew, sanctify, uplift, convert, strengthen, and fuel holy desire in them.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Make a sacrifice out of love for another. Pass it on!