Monday, June 24, 2019

Pray for Marriages (New Life in the Desert)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

A voice cries: "In the wilderness prepare the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.  Isaiah 40:3

Sometimes life feels like a desert.  Sometimes one’s marriage can feel like a deserted desert. Perhaps the Lord brings us to the desert, because it is there we feel acutely aware of our need for Him. 

He must increase, I must decrease. John 3:30

Holy Spirit, come! Help us each to decrease in pride, self-love, and vain-glory.  Renew us and refresh our parched marriages, giving them new life. 

All you who are thirsty, come to the water! Pay attention and come to me; listen, that you may have life. Isaiah 55:1, 3

Whoever drinks the water I shall give will never thirst; the water I shall give will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:14

Lord, may we serve and glorify you by reflecting your steadfast love and mercy in our marriages.  May we always turn to you for encouragement, wisdom, and strength and trust in your perfect plan for our marriages. 

Though I thought I had toiled in vain, for nothing and for naught spent my strength, yet my right is with the LORD, my recompense is with my God. Isaiah 49:4

Jesus, we trust in you!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Love and mercy, a perfect reflection of His love, is meant to be shared. Pass it on!