Monday, August 5, 2019

Pray for Marriages (Take me now, Lord!)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Some marriages are freeways with occasional detours. Some are a series of speed bumps. Others take you off-roading with dirt and rocks flying and no clear sense of direction. A difficult marriage can be a very heavy cross to carry especially when one doesn’t see a sign down the road that says “Cross no longer needed, dump here.” Perhaps you’ve cried out, “Take me now Lord, I’ve had enough!”

Take heart for even Moses had difficulty dealing with the Lord’s plan for him.

Why do you treat your servant so badly?” Moses asked the LORD. “Why are you so displeased with me that you burden me with all this people? I cannot carry all this people by myself, for they are too heavy for me. If this is the way you will deal with me, then please do me the favor of killing me at once, so that I need no longer face my distress.” Numbers 11:11, 14-15

Moses may not have had the confidence that others were praying for him, but may you have the confidence that we are praying for you and your ability to follow the will of God! The Lord does not try us beyond our strength.

No trial has come to you but what is human. God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Never lose sight that Love carries your cross with you. Loves does not protect us, rather Love sustains us.

Double your prayers for marriage this week, especially for those losing the strength to continue. May their faith be sustained, as they call to mind, 

"Everything is possible to one who has faith.” Mark 9:23

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Increase the noise wafting up to heaven by passing it on!