Monday, September 30, 2019

Pray for Marriages (Dwelling in Darkness)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Have you literally ever been in pure darkness?  I still remember the time I was walking in a cave and the person with a flashlight moved well ahead of me.  Without a source of light from any direction I felt an unknown fear, as I had no sense in which direction I should move.  

Similarly, many have felt that way at some point in their marriage; paralyzed by darkness, abandoned by the one they trusted to accompany them with light, they have no idea which way to turn next.

The Light of the World awaits your call, “Lord, come be my Light!”

I will arise; though I sit in darkness, the LORD is my light.  Micah 7:8
For you, LORD, give light to my lamp; my God brightens my darkness. Psalm 18:29

Sometimes it is not until we have stumbled into darkness or have left the Light, that we realize the power and comfort of its illumination. Let us pray for God’s light to pierce through the darkness of so many marriages.  

Lord, may your Light radiate into the hearts, minds, and souls of married couples. Help them to see all that blocks the Son, so that each may self- prune appropriately, providing for an increase in your Light. Illumine pathways previously unknown, guiding these couples to new pastures of peace, fields of abundant joy, and a love so plentiful that it is poured out in imitation of you. 

I, the LORD, have called you for justice, I have grasped you by the hand; I formed you, and set you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations.  Isaiah 42:6

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Keep the flame burning brightly. Pass it on!