Sunday, June 6, 2010

Introducing Simply Inspired Prayer

Feast of Corpus Christi

Dear friends in Christ,

Less than 8 months ago, I started what I thought was a reminder service--weekly email notifications to remind you to pray for “Marriages on Monday”. I even created a cute acronym, thinking that in a month or 2, you would remember without my help.

But then I got emails of encouragement asking me to continue. So I did.

On December 25, I felt called to add prayers for families, so I started the “Pray for Families on Friday” reminders. I reminded the Lord that I am not a writer, but all of you continued to send me words of encouragement, that felt like flower petals on my path.

Then a friend told me that I should start a blog “because people really do enjoy reading these Janet. Really! They even forward them sometimes.” When I said I doubted that, she instantly sent me a proof source. She continued saying I could promote it on Internet social sites such as Facebook. “I don’t blog” I told my friend. “I hardly go on my own Facebook page.” “Besides, “I told her, “these ‘posts’ aren’t about me.” I told her that it just felt too self-promotional, since the emails are all about prayer, not me.

However, the Holy Spirit had other plans. I mentioned in passing to another friend that someone thought I should start a blog. Within days, he emailed me saying he had created a blog for me, and what did I want to call it?

Warming up to the idea, but still not convinced, I started to pray about it. And pray... And pray...

So it is with both humility and excitement that I want to share my new blog with you on the Feast of Corpus Christi. I completed my blog on the actual Feast Day, and present it to you on the day it is celebrated in the U.S. May it in some way, build up the Body of Christ.

The name of my blog is Simply Inspired Prayer. I’ve provided a link for your convenience: http://simplyinspiredprayer.blogspot.com

I will continue with my twice-weekly emails unless you choose to opt-out of those and instead, receive reminders from the blog site. I am hoping the site will serve as an easy- access filing cabinet of my past emails should you want to re-read them. In addition, this should provide a simple way for you to share new or old posts with a friend or relative.

In Him, I remain your humble servant. It has been a privilege serving you thus far.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet