Monday, May 10, 2010

Pray for M.O.M. (Grace)

Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day with lots of love being exchanged. Here in the northwest, we were given the blessing of brilliant sunshine!

I was skimming the Catechism of the Catholic Church* the other day, and stumbled upon a little pearl on marriage. It read:

“By coming to restore the original order of creation disturbed by sin, He Himself gives the strength and grace to live marriage in the new dimension of the Reign of God. It is by following Christ, renouncing themselves and taking up their crosses that spouses will be able to “receive” the original meaning of marriage and live it with the help of Christ.” CCC 1615

I admit I had to read that several times. I kept locking on the word “grace” and decided I needed to understand exactly what kind of “help” would be provided to marriages!!

So I checked two different sources:

Grace:
favor, free and undeserved help that God gifts to us to respond to his call to become children of God; participation in the life of God; it introduces us into the intimacy of Trinitarian life. (CCC)
the freely given, unmerited favor and love of god; the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them. (Random House)

So today, let us pray for Christ’s grace to flow abundantly on all marriages!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil 4:13


Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet


* The Catechism of the Catholic Church is a statement of the Church’s faith and of catholic doctrine, attested to or illumined by Sacred Scripture, the Apostolic Tradition, and the Church’s Magisterium.