Friday, October 1, 2010

Pray for Families (Imitate a Saint)

Good Morning Prayer Warriors,

On this Feast Day of St. Therese of Lisieux (The Little Flower), I thought it would be interesting to learn something from her that we could reflect upon as we pray for families today. Ironically, the quote I found from her marries beautifully with the bible verses I found this earlier this morning. As she talks about the love of her Sisters, think “family”.

I feel that when I am charitable it is Jesus alone who acts in me; the more I am united to Him the more do I love all my Sisters. If, when I desire to increase this love in my heart, the demon tries to set before my eyes the faults of one or other of the Sisters, I hasten to call to mind her virtues, her good desires; I say to myself that if I had seen her fall once, she may well have gained many victories which she conceals through humility; and that even what appears to me a fault may in truth be an act of virtue by reason of the intention. Story of A Soul, Chapter IX

Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise hospitality. Bless those who persecute (you), bless and do not curse them. Rom 12:12-15

Thank you for your dedication to praying for the family. Invite a friend to join you in prayer today or send them a link to my blog.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet