Monday, May 2, 2011

Pray for Marriages (You've got a friend)

Good Morning Prayer Warriors,

As I hit my snooze alarm this morning, I asked the Lord what today's topic should be. Out of nowhere this started playing in my head.

“When you’re down, and troubled, and you need a helping hand, and nothin’, nothin’ is going right; just close your eyes and think of me, and soon I will be there, to brighten up even your darkest night. You just call out my name and you know wherever I am, I’ll come running….”*

Wow! Jesus is our ever-faithful friend!

How often are we looking to Christ as our friend when our relationships are struggling? When a marriage or friendship is falling apart? We must never forget that we have a constant companion in Jesus; we just have to say his name, with reverence and faith. Jesus, I trust in you.

I know that you live where Satan's throne is, and yet you hold fast to my name and have not denied your faith in me… Rev 2:13

"Ain't it good to know that you've got a friend when people can be so cold; They'll hurt you, and desert you and take your soul if you let them; Oh, but don't you let them."*

When one is feeling down and defeated, especially in a marriage, faith can often dwindle. Let us pray this week for an increase in faith, that we may never doubt that Christ is always with us, and is our ever-faithful friend just waiting for us to call his name.

"I do believe, help my unbelief!" Mark 9:24

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Introduce others to a new friend. http://simplyinspiredprayer.blogspot.com/

* lyrics by Carole King, as sung by James Taylor