Monday, December 26, 2011

Pray for Marriages (Be of one heart)

Greetings Prayer Warriors!

As I admired my beloved Nativity Set yesterday and contemplated on what the focus of today's "Pray for M.O.M." should be, my eyes rested on the perfect couple. Mind you, they had the perfect Son but they certainly didn't have the perfect life. But something tells me they had a wonderful marriage. I looked at Joseph and thought, "steadfast, humble, selfless, protective, loving, prayerful, generous of heart, pious, gentle, contemplative, and true partner. I looked at Mary and the same descriptors came to mind. It was as if their message on marriage was, "Be of one heart and focus on the will of God."

One heart and one way I will give them, that they may fear me always, to their own good and that of their children after them. Jeremiah 32:39

So today, let that be our prayer. Father, we pray that all marriages be of one heart, focusing on your holy will for them. Be as generous with your grace, as you were with the Holy Family. May married couples continue to grow together as one, all for your greater glory.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me, (and everyone else) the gift of prayer. Share this with a friend.