Friday, February 24, 2012

Pray for Families (Ascent/Assent)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Everyone has highs and lows, but somehow the lows seem to sear into our memory, making us think that that’s where we are spending most of our time.

When we find ourselves walking through the bitter valley, searching, confused, tired, lonely, or in pain, sometimes it’s hard to imagine ever reaching the summit.

A Song of Ascents. In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. Psalm 120:1

To get there, we must trust that the Lord, will walk with us and carry us if necessary. He asks us to let go of our baggage so the journey will be easier, but somehow we only cling tighter to it, not Him. “I’ve had this baggage for a long time and I’ve kind of grown attached to it,“ we say. “It defines me.” Lent is a time to let go of old baggage. Surrendering it to the Lord allows us to continue the journey, climb the mountain, and be redefined by Him. He sees us as we truly are---beautiful.

I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

Pray for your family, that they might let go of the useless baggage that inhibits their ascent/assent to the Lord. Then pray that they will see themselves as the Lord sees them, truly beautiful.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Help someone find their inner beauty. Pass it on.