Friday, February 17, 2012

Pray for Families (Prayer as a Lifeline)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

As the 1980’s SNL character Rosanne Rosannadanna used to say, “It’s always something!” Does anyone ever have a day without a worry in the world? If it’s not something in your life it’s something in a family member’s or friend’s life: Illness, hurts, frustrations, shame, miseries, heartache, sinfulness, disappointment, brokenness. All these feelings can bring one down, but it is how you respond that makes the difference. When we are brought down, what happens? We fall to our knees and pray. It is in that position that we find our hope. An invisible lifeline to the Lord is created.

I like to think that when we pray and look to the heavens, that the Lord must see us at our most beautiful: Hopeful and trusting children, understanding His power while recognizing our weakness. How his heart must rejoice when we come close to Him and pour out all that troubles us!

"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." Matthew 11:28-30

Pray with and for your family and don’t forget your spiritual family too.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Add a family member. Pass it on.