Monday, February 6, 2012

Pray for Marriages (Stubbornness/Humility)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Stubbornness is a trait so ingrained in me. If I didn’t know better, I’d probably say it is part of my DNA. In disagreements with my husband, I’ve been known to say, “I wish I wasn’t right all the time!” (But I am!) Can any of you relate?? It’s a double whammy when your husband is stubborn too! It wouldn’t surprise me if many marriages are affected by each spouse’s unwillingness to compromise, admit they are wrong, or share in decision-making.

It’s not pretty to be on the receiving end of stubbornness, so I decided it’s time I try to counterbalance it by trying to grow in humility. Since stubbornness isn’t limited to just one relationship, there is ample opportunity to practice. Let’s all practice humility and see what happens! But first let us bow down, lift our voices in prayer to praise the Lord, ask for His grace to grow in humility, and look to His ministry on earth to see what humble looks like. Then pray that all marriages grow in humility.

And all of you, clothe yourselves with humility in your dealings with one another, for: "God opposes the proud but bestows favor on the humble." So humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. 1 Peter 4:5-6

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Invite someone stubborn to pray. Pass it on.