Friday, April 20, 2012

Pray for Families (A Prayer for Families)


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Do you ever have difficulty finding the time to pray?  Maybe you have the time, but not the motivation?  Maybe the motivation, but not the words?

Since sometimes I too find myself in need, I thought I’d write a prayer for families and share it with you.  Print it and slip it in your wallet for when you are short on time, short on motivation, at a loss for words, but still have a willing spirit.

Heavenly Father, I come before you in a quiet moment, fully aware of my need of your grace.  Alone, I can feel hopeless.  Or at least hopelessly tired.  With you, my hope soars, my spirit awakens.  Hear my prayer, that as a parent, I be given the grace to imitate your example of unconditional love for my children and spouse.

Lord Jesus, may we as a family contemplate your fidelity to obedience, not only within the Holy Family, but also to the will of your heavenly Father.  Bless my family and teach us how to imitate you.  Meet each member of my family exactly where they are at, giving them exactly what they need to grow in faith and fidelity.

Holy Spirit, fill us with your Love, that we may generously share that Love with each other.  May this exchange bring your Light into the darkness of our hearts.  May this growth in Love transform us, bringing us a joy and peace that this world cannot offer. 

Blessed Mother, may I imitate your example of complete humility, focusing not on myself, but on the needs of others.  Like you, may I encourage all to focus their attention on your Son.  May we all hear your voice, 

                              "Do whatever he tells you." John 2:5 

and confidently comply with your request.  Guide us into a perfect union with your Son.  

St. Joseph, loving husband of Mary, may I be inspired by your strong and selfless devotion to your family. May I too protect my family by lovingly teaching my children, both young and old, all that I know to be good and true.  

Sweet Jesus, may my quiet prayers, spoken in the recesses of my heart, be received by you with joy.  With bold confidence I pray, Amen.

Thank you for your commitment to prayer.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share a prayer.  Pass it on!