Friday, May 11, 2012

Pray for Families (Learn to Love)


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

What sometimes makes being in a family so wonderful is the diversity of its members.  What sometimes makes being in a family so difficult is the diversity of its members.

God created families so that we would all have a refuge of safety and love, a place to first learn of His love, by seeing it reflected through our family.  Christ, who was a model of love, taught us to love as he did, unconditionally.  But how can we, mere humans, who are filled with flaws and failings, who have even a harder time accepting the flaws and failings of others, love unconditionally, when it’s too easy to come up with reasons why we can’t love a particular person?

Was Christ only able to love unconditionally because of his divinity? Did Christ command us to a task that was impossible for us to carry out?

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.  Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father.  John 14:10, 12

So if the Father was the source of His strength, which gave him the ability to carry out His mission, what can we do to carry out ours?

Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me.  I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing.  John 15:4-5

Say a prayer and surrender yourself to the Lord.  Ask him to teach you to how to love unconditionally.   Then spend some time loving your family, especially those most difficult to love.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Help others to love more.  http://simplyinspiredprayer.blogspot.com/