Monday, May 14, 2012

Pray for Marriages (Words chosen)


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Not long ago, I heard a great quote that really resonated with me: 

"I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." 
-Maya Angelou

I personally found this to be so true.  We gravitate to certain people because we feel good around them and they bring out the best in us.

Now I am imagining the scene at the Sermon on the Mount.  Jesus is preaching to the crowd.  They are rapt in attention and when it is over, they leave somehow changed.  Although they remember some of what Jesus taught, they leave now with a new sense of hope, love for one another, and peace.  This sense of well-being and renewed purpose stays with them long after the memory of his exact words fade. 

As we pray for marriages, be attentive to the words you use with your spouse and contemplate how the words you choose will make your spouse feel.  Will they have a lasting effect? Are you unintentionally inducing the wrong emotion?   This week, practice and deliver positive affirmations to your spouse.  The results may surprise you. 

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  John 14:27

Pray, pray, pray for marriages.  Pray that our words may bring peace, make spouses feel loved, and bring about a joyful smile.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share a positive message.  http://simplyinspiredprayer.blogspot.com/