Friday, August 24, 2012

Pray for Families (Preserving the Child)


Greetings Pray Warriors,

"Let the children come to me and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  Amen, I say to you, whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it." Luke 18:16-17

I was pondering the above passage, when I ached at the thought of childhood being cut so short in our culture.   Young children are so beautiful, pure, and radiant.  Who isn’t immediately attracted to these qualities in the young?  Yet our culture treats innocence as something to be discarded as soon as possible.  The first assault is on a child’s ears, then their eyes.  A barrage of inappropriate media in print, video, and sound beckons them.  Innocence continues to weaken through their attire, their language, and their behavior.

Ask yourself some questions.  What am I doing to protect the children?  What message does my behavior send?  Is it the message I intend?   Are my words and behavior in sync?

We were made in His image and likeness.  Are we preserving His image?  Are we preserving the child in us? 

You created my inmost self, knit me together in my mother's womb. For so many marvels I thank you; a wonder am I, and all your works are wonders. You knew me through and through, my being held no secrets from you, when I was being formed in secret, textured in the depths of the earth. Your eyes could see my embryo. In your book all my days were inscribed, every one that was fixed is there.  Psalm 139:13-16 (NJB)

Let us storm heaven for the grace to be positive role models not just for our children, but for all children of God.  Pray for the fortitude to be a cog in the wheel of positive cultural change.   Pray for the heavenly protection of our children, from all that may trample upon their innocence.  Holy Family, pray for us, shelter us, and love us as we purge our lives from all that separates us from Him.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Protect the children.  Begin with prayer.  Pass it on.