Monday, August 20, 2012

Pray for Marriages (Love revisited)


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Lately, I have had the privilege of hearing many people’s life stories.   I learned that many were divorced, which wasn’t surprising because I know that one out of two marriages end in divorce.   But what was surprising is how none of them said that they divorced due to abuse, alcoholism, drugs, but rather because one of them stopped loving the other.  Or they just weren’t “happy” any longer.  Do you feel my frustration?  So many give up on “until death do us part”, because they didn’t realize their commitment involved a continuous effort to love rather than an effort to hold on to feelings!?

The amazing grace needed to persevere is awaiting everyone.  All they have to do is ask for it.  But when one is in emotional pain, they aren’t always thinking in those terms.  So today and all week long, let’s ask on their behalf. 

Lord, look with pity on those marriages that harbor anger, frustration, grudges, hate, and hurt, and are incapacitated by emotional pain.  May your loving heart pour out abundant graces to help them learn what love truly is.   Shelter and sooth them in their hurt.  Teach them how to love.

I call upon you; answer me, O God. Turn your ear to me; hear my speech. Show your wonderful mercy, you who deliver with your right arm those who seek refuge from their foes.  Psalm 17:6-7

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Pray for grace to be outpoured. Pass it on.