Greetings Prayer Warriors,
Families are such a source of joy. While they are a treasured gift from above, like most things God gives us, they are not ours to keep. Similar to spiritual gifts, He gave them to us for His purposes, not ours. This deserves some reflection.
- Are we clinging to family members to meet our own needs/neediness?
- Are we helping family members in their personal growth?
- Are we assisting in our family’s growth in virtue, or are we inadvertently hindering it?
- As children mature and become autonomous, are we respecting and encouraging their unique call or vocation?
- Are we treating each member of the family with the dignity God bestowed upon them?
Ask yourself whatever question is coming to your mind right now. Ponder…..
He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Heavenly Father, we thank you and praise you for the gift of family that you have so generously bestowed upon us. Help us to reflect You to them by being supportive, nurturing, patient, loving and forgiving. May we too be open to their gift of the same back to us. May we never interfere with your call to them, but instead turn down our own volume so they can hear your voice.
Peace, Joy, and Love,
Call others to the gift of prayer. Pass it on.