Monday, February 10, 2014

Pray for Marriages (Amazing grace)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Tuesday, February 11 is my 30th wedding anniversary. I mention it only to praise God for His amazing grace, because without it my marriage wouldn't have lasted half that time!  I share this as a ray of hope to those who are struggling.  My husband and I are not the poster couple for what good looks like, rather we are an everyday couple; two flawed individuals who have ups and downs and continue to grow in patience and love.  Over the years during times of discouragement the Lord has taught me to never lose hope and to trust in Him.  When you do, He will love you through anything.  He has shown me that many of our challenges were for our greater good.  He has gifted my husband and me with innumerable blessings.  All honor and glory and praise to our God who is so good! 

I will betroth you to me forever: I will betroth you to me with justice and with judgment, with loyalty and with compassion; I will betroth you to me with fidelity, and you shall know the LORD. Hosea 2:21-22

As you pray for marriages, ask God to surprise every married couple with the perfect gift to strengthen their marriage; be it steadfastness, fidelity, joy, patience, kindness, trust, and so on, wrapped with a big bow of His love.  With God in the center, Love will overcome anything.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet  

Pray for the perfect gift for a married friend or family member. Pass it on!