Friday, July 11, 2014

Pray for Families (Light up the World)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Have you ever pondered the fact that God created you to be a gift for others and ultimately Himself?  You are a gift! Your entire family is a gift to be shared for the betterment of others!  Perhaps it’s time to rediscover our gift and reverse the culture of self-aggrandizement.  In our souls there rages the battle between sin and grace, evil and good.  Instead of asking, “what’s in it for me?” ask yourself “What loving gift of self can I share with others?” What would be the impact on our culture if we always sought the good of the other? Is it loss or gain?

[But] whatever gains I had, these I have come to consider a loss because of Christ. More than that, I even consider everything as a loss because of the supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have accepted the loss of all things and I consider them so much rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having any righteousness of my own based on the law but that which comes through faith in Christ. Philippians 3:7-9

For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7

Oh Lord, who lights up the earth with the radiant sun, enlighten our darkened minds with the light of faith.  Give us eyes to see each of your children as gifts in our lives. Help us to share our gifts with them without seeking anything in return.  May our hearts never cease to love one another, for in loving one another we are not only sweetly loving you, but also bringing your face to many who may not know it. Continue to shower each family with grace, that good may always triumph over evil and that our faithfulness and love may illumine any darkness in this world.  We ask this in the precious name of your son, Jesus.  Amen.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Light up the world! Pass it on!