Friday, January 30, 2015

Pray for Families (Seeking only Him)

 Greetings Prayer Warriors,

As we go through life working and toiling, we often want someone to notice.  So as we look to see if eyes are upon us, family members can seem oblivious, employers can take our extra efforts for granted, and friends, well thank God for them because they are more likely to appreciate us!

The hardest part though is that the Lord doesn’t want us to seek recognition, applause, praise, and admiration.  He doesn’t want us to scream to the world, or even our family, “Look at me, look at me!  Look at what I am doing; look at what I have accomplished!”  Not seeking kudos and thank you’s for everything we do can be the most difficult part though, especially once we realize this will require “dying to self”. However, we must be content that the Lord does see all and IS looking at us-- all the time!

When I struggle, I like to remind myself that the Lord loves me so much that He died for me.  For ME!   What could be better than that kind of love and attention?

May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the endurance of Christ.  2 Thessalonians 3:5

Spend some time in prayer contemplating how much the Lord loves YOU. Pray that you may not seek earthly rewards. Take some time to acknowledge someone for what they do. Then pray for each member of your family, that they may come to know how much God truly loves them.

We have come to know and to believe in the love God has for us. God is love, and whoever remains in love remains in God and God in him. 
1 John 4:16

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Bask in His love.  Pass it on!