Monday, January 12, 2015

Pray for Marriages (Conquering the Evil One)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

We know marriage is something very special, because God instituted marriage in the beginning of humanity as a way to show Adam and Eve His love for them.  After receiving this gift, they were in turn asked to share it with each other.  Both unitive and procreative, marriage brought forth children. The family then became the classroom to learn about God and love.

Is it any surprise then that marriage was the very first thing that Satan attacked?  Should we be at all surprised that marriage continues to be under attack?  You only have to open your eyes to see a marriage, perhaps even your own, struggling or crumbling.   Is it a lack of love, or perhaps a lack of faith? Even Adam and Eve didn’t believe the promises of God and thus easily followed the advice of the Evil One.  Their sin brought discord into their lives. Today’s culture is still under the influence of the Evil One, as our sin opens the door for him to enter our lives.  Influenced by him, couples divorce with hopes of more control, more love, and more happiness.

But evils surround me until they cannot be counted. My sins overtake me, so that I can no longer see. They are more numerous than the hairs of my head; my courage fails me. LORD, graciously rescue me!  Come quickly to help me, LORD!  Psalm 40:13-14

My friends, my dear prayer angels, continue to fight this battle through prayer for one another, and all marriages.  The Lord awaits us all with His mercy and love.  Pray that the gift of unshakable faith be poured into hearts, providing for all the will to persevere through the storms of life.  Pray that good marriages stay strong, so they remain beacons of hope for the weary.

Send out your breath and life begins; you renew the face of the earth.  Psalm 104:30

For whoever is begotten by God conquers the world. And the victory that conquers the world is our faith.  1 John 5:4

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

We are not alone! Gather others in prayer and build an army of Love!  Pass it on!