Friday, November 6, 2015

Pray for Families (Scarred by Abuse)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

We all have wounds, but it seems the ones that leave the biggest scars are those created by blows that crush our heart and unsettle our mind. The abuse could be physical, mental, or emotional, received as a child or an adult. We move along with injuries we sometimes no longer even perceive.  Yet our hearts softly whimper, hoping to be soothed. Our minds are unsettled, hoping to be stilled. 

I have been mortally afflicted since youth; Psalm 88:16

Yet when I looked for good, evil came; when I expected light, darkness came. My inward parts seethe and will not be stilled; days of affliction have overtaken me. Job 30:26-27

Hear, LORD, my plea for justice; pay heed to my cry; Listen to my prayer from lips without guile. From you let my vindication come; your eyes see what is right. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 17:1-2, 7-8

Lord, with humble hearts, we lift up one another in prayer, our family, friends, and acquaintances. We ask you, the Divine Physician, for the healing of all that interferes with us being everything that you created us to be.  May each of us be healed and renewed in body, mind, and spirit. In your merciful love, hear our prayers!

As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him. Psalm 103:13

I will heal them and reveal to them an abundance of lasting peace. Jeremiah 33:6


Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Everyone needs compassion.  Everyone needs healing. Pass it on!