Friday, February 19, 2016

Pray for Families (Life = Liberty)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Jeremiah 1:5

When we disregard life, the family is literally at stake.

Did you ever hear something you’ve heard before but presented in a new way, such that “wham!” it suddenly hits you like a ton of bricks? That happened to me today. I was listening to a discussion on the radio that involved the effect of the HHS Mandate on religious organizations the as well as a discussion as to whether contraception, sterilization, and abortion should be considered as women’s “health” care and thus it’s coverage mandated. However, my stomach wrenched when one of the presenters commented something to the effect that “once the coverage of these procedures becomes government mandated as “health” care, don’t be surprised if there comes a day when your insurance provider tells you that they won’t cover the costs of your giving birth, but they will cover the cost of your abortion.” This sickened me because I knew it was quite conceivable. Such twisted decisions are already happening with the suicide pill, now legal in 4 states, where insurance companies are denying health saving procedures and instead providing coverage for the suicide pill, literally offering to eliminate the problem.

Let my life count for something in your sight!” 2 Kings: 14

“…what sort of a choice is it when life is expensive but death is free?” Dr. William Toffler

Deliver my soul from the sword, my life from the grip of the dog. Save me from the lion’s mouth, my poor life from the horns of wild bulls. 
Psalms 22:21-22 

We are at a critical time in history where decisions are being made in this country that may change the course of family life forever. Pray for our country’s leaders that they make life-affirming decisions. Pray for our fellow countrymen, that the Lord opens the eyes of their hearts to see the Truth.  Pray for our own families, that they have the courage to speak up for the precious gift of life provided by our God, who when we unite with Him, shows us what true liberty is.

I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live. Deuteronomy 30:19

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share the path to true freedom and liberty.  Pass it on!