Friday, March 4, 2016

Pray for Families (Love-A Most Pleasing Offering)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

We are more than halfway through Lent and I imagine that many of you have given up something you love or are making different kinds of sacrifices.  Maybe you fall in neither of these categories.  Do not be disheartened.  As we move into the last few weeks of Lent, make a resolution to love more.

‘To love Him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself’ is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices. Mark 12: 33


Don’t just love the lovable, but love the most unlovable. Don’t just love those who adore you, love those who despise you. Grow in Love by praying for those who have hurt you, betrayed you, or undermined you.   Pray for your entire family, that they too may grow in their ability to love all, in action, word, and deed.

The revelation of your words sheds light, gives understanding to the simple. I sigh with open mouth, yearning for your commandments. Turn to me and be gracious, according to your judgment for those who love your name. Steady my feet in accord with your promise; do not let iniquity lead me. Free me from human oppression, that I may observe your precepts. Let your face shine upon your servant; teach me your statutes.  Psalm 119: 130-135

Love never fails.  1 Corinthians 13:8

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Disarm someone with your unexpected love.  Pass it on!