Friday, March 25, 2016

Pray for Families (Unfathomable Love)

Good Friday

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

While listening to a talk on the necessity of mercy, I heard something like the following.  “What is the worst crime one can commit?”  I wasn’t expecting nor prepared for the answer the speaker gave. “Sin.  It always leads to death.” I paused to comprehend. The impact of my sin seemed to carry greater weight than I had ever let myself imagine. The speaker continued, “So there you are awaiting your death sentence for your crime when someone steps forward and says to the executioner, I will accept the punishment on his/her behalf.”  Unfathomable, but that is exactly what Jesus did for us.  He accepted the death sentence we each deserve that he might conquer death and offer us everlasting life. 

Like water my life drains away; all my bones are disjointed. My heart has become like wax, it melts away within me. As dry as a potsherd is my throat; my tongue cleaves to my palate; you lay me in the dust of death. Dogs surround me; a pack of evildoers closes in on me. They have pierced my hands and my feet I can count all my bones. They stare at me and gloat; they divide my garments among them; for my clothing they cast lots.  
Psalm 22:15-19

Spend some time today reflecting on Christ’s sacrifice on Calvary.  What price did he pay for you?  In thanksgiving and with a loving and merciful heart, pray for your family members and all their intentions today.  Then end your prayer time by praising the Lord’s merciful love! 

I will proclaim your name to my brethren; in the assembly I will praise you: “You who fear the LORD, give praise! Psalm 22:23-24

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Jesus paid a debt He didn't owe because it was at a price we couldn't pay. His love endures forever! Pass it on!