Friday, August 5, 2016

Pray for Families (Vessels of Love)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Families come in many forms; those we are born into and those we adopt; yet sometimes we are the ones adopted by others! What a gift! In any instance, the Lord reaches out to us reminding us that we were made for community. Family is our first training ground. He wants us to love and be loved, since that is why He created us. Slowly, we realize that all He wants from us is to accept his love and to share it with others.

Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world. And I consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth “I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. John 17:17-21

Lord, your love is sweet, generous, and undeserved, so we praise you for unconditionally lavishing it upon us. Help us to be vessels of your love and truth, not so we can hoard it, but so that we can share it with others both in our family and in our community. 

And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me. Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that they may see my glory that you gave me, because you loved me before the foundation of the world. Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they know that you sent me. I made known to them your name and I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them.” John 17:22-26

Lord, we pray for our extended family, both biologic and “adopted”. Make them docile to the movements of your love. Intoxicate their hearts so that they may spend a lifetime joyfully pouring out the love you have shared with them. Then all can be assured that this world with be a most heavenly kingdom.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Love is joyful, healing and intoxicating! So let’s continue to pass it on!