Friday, September 2, 2016

Pray for Families (Viral Love)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta was known around the world and loved by people of all races and religion.  She was a shining light of God’s mercy and love.  In honor of the fact that she will be canonized as a saint on Sunday, I thought it relevant to share her wisdom on the family.

“How can we love Jesus in the world today? By loving Him in my husband, my wife, my children, my brothers and sisters, my parents, my neighbors, the poor.”

"If we really want to love others, we must first begin to love one another in our own home. Love begins at home, and so from here - from our own home - love will spread to my neighbor, in the street I live, in the town I live, in the whole world."

"True peace comes only from loving and caring and respecting each person as a child of God – my brother, my sister. I know how trying it must be at times. If you find it hard to see Jesus in the distressing disguise of someone, see that person in the Heart of Jesus. He loves (him)/her with the same love with which He loves you. This will help you to greater love – especially to the one most in need of it.”

Keep the joy of loving Jesus in your heart and share this joy with all you meet, especially your family.

Lord, remind us how to love and infuse us with the grace to do so
.
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, [love] is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Heavenly Father, bless our families and clothe us with the love of Christ so that by acts of simple kindnesses, words of encouragement, or a welcoming physical presence we may be the vessel with which you inoculate others with your love.  May this Love then spread like a virus among us, transforming the world one person at a time.  Amen.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

May the fire of His love in you go forth like an inferno. Pass it on!