Monday, October 10, 2016

Pray for Marriages (Promises to Believe in)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

I will lead the blind on a way they do not know; by paths they do not know I will guide them. I will turn darkness into light before them, and make crooked ways straight. These are my promises: I made them, I will not forsake them.  Isaiah 42:16

This scripture reminds me of a young couple getting married.  Expectations are high, but does either spouse really have a clue about the hills and valleys of married life?  We each have an inherent blindness, perhaps even by design, however the Lord is there to support and guide each step of the way, each year, each decade. It is a promise He as made to us.  All we need to do is believe in His Word, His unfailing promises.

Lord, it is easy to believe in your promises when all goes well, but when our marriages start to stumble and our hopes start to crumble, and we are no longer humble, sadly our trust and faith in You weakens.  Lord, increase our faith and grant us the grace to have unwavering trust. Especially bless the engaged and newly married so that the cloud of disillusionment will never obscure the beauty of their blossoming love.  Collectively we pray, "May the abundance of your grace rain upon marriages!"

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

May our prayers prevent the stumble and the crumble and make us humble! Pass it on!