Monday, January 16, 2017

Pray for Marriages (Defend us in Battle)

Greeting Prayer Warriors,

If you’ve ever wondered why marriage can be so difficult, it is because it is good and holy, and subsequently despised by Satan.  He will attack it at any cost. Satan wouldn’t waste his time instilling doubt, twisting the truth, and creating havoc if marriage wasn’t important to God’s plan. All this begins to make sense when you see in scripture that Christ uses marital imagery to reveal his divinity to us. 

I will betroth you to me forever: I will betroth you to me with justice and with judgment, with loyalty and with compassion; I will betroth you to me with fidelity, and you shall know the LORD.  Hosea 2:21-22

For your husband is your Maker; the LORD of hosts is his name, Your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, called God of all the earth.  Isaiah 54:5

Satan wants to keep us from the Divine.  The unity found in marriage between a man and woman, where two become one flesh, mirrors the intimacy of Jesus with the Father, the fire of their love being the Holy Spirit. This is the intimacy the Lord calls us to and that he desires to have with each of us, His bride.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church and handed himself over for her. Ephesians 5:25

“I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me.  John 17:20-23

Jesus, we ask for a special grace upon marriages so each of us may withstand the snares of the devil.  Send St. Michael the Archangel to protect us from both the worldly battle for marriages and the battles that lie within hearth and home. Open the eyes of those contemplating marriage, so that they may see the truth and be led by the Truth. Lord, sustain us when we are weary, so that we may forever walk the path to You.

Blessed are those who have been called to the wedding feast of the Lamb. Revelation 19:9

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Help others to hold faith as a shield, to quench all [the] flaming arrows of the evil one. Pass it on!