Friday, February 17, 2017

Pray for Families (Finding True Delight)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

In the last week I have had two people very close to me die.  I am reminded that our time here is very fleeting. I am reminded of the importance of living every day for the Lord so that His will be done, not mine.  I am reminded of the importance of family and the value of prayer. I am reminded that people don’t often remember what you said, but how you made them feel.

LORD, let me know my end, the number of my days that I may learn how frail I am. To be sure, you establish the expanse of my days; indeed, my life is as nothing before you. Every man is but a breath. Psalm 39:5-6

Keep us humble, Lord!

The LORD is my strength and my shield, in whom my heart trusts. I am helped, so my heart rejoices; with my song I praise him.  Psalm 28:7

What makes each of us special is not the success and notoriety we achieve here on earth, but how successful we are in helping others know the Lord.  

I delight to do your will, my God; your law is in my inner being!”  Psalm 40:9

Can one sense the Lord’s presence in you?  Do they sense your peace even in the midst of chaos?  If someone only watched you and never listened to you, what would your actions teach them?

For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.  Matthew 6:21

Pray today for loved ones and family members who have passed away.  May a heavenly reward await them.  Pray also for your living family members, that with each passing day they may grow closer to the Lord. 

Lord, receive your departed children with warm, loving arms and a heart steeped in mercy. Jesus we trust in your merciful love!  May the living be forever changed by their life’s witness!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

One simple prayer can make all the difference.  One day you will learn why.   Say a prayer for another and pass it on!