Friday, February 10, 2017

Pray for Families (Love in Action)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Sometimes I find myself wishing I could love others more: family, friends, and strangers even.  I wish I was a walking example of Christ, but I fail miserably in that department.  Good thing love isn’t a feeling because I can tell you sometimes I’m just not feeling it.  Can you relate? 

I’ve learned though that love exists in being present to another regardless of feelings.  When you love someone unconditionally, it lets him or her know they have inherent value aside from their behavior, temperament, or situation.  (Or regardless of your own behavior, temperament or situation!) Our value comes not from what we’ve achieved, but from the fact that we are children of God, coheirs of the kingdom, not for what we have done, but for what He has done for us.  It is a gift; one amazing gift.

The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.  Romans 8:16-17

We reflect Christ who is Love, when we, like him are present to another.  We love through support, encouragement, discipline, listening, praying, and any action that is outwardly focused for the good of another.  We glorify Him in every sacrifice we make out of love for Him. 

So love my friends.  Love, so that your witness (actions) may transform another.   Begin in your family so that your family tree may bear fruit. 

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Love should always be passed along, just like this blog!  Take action and pass it on!