Friday, February 24, 2017

Pray for Families (The Word in You)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

When you are a parent, you never stop worrying about your kids, even when they become adults.   You desire the best for them and want them to have happy lives. To a Christian parent however, nothing is as unsettling as witnessing your child’s/children’s perceived independence from God. 

Words to your children probably won’t change their apathy, however the Word in you may eventually transform them.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower. He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and every one that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit. You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you. Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing.  John 15:1-5

We are reminded that our focus doesn’t need to be on what we need to change in another, but rather being open to what the Lord wants to change in us.  By allowing the Living Word to dwell in us, we become His conduit for the transformation of others.  So next time you feel you’ve been a little over-pruned or buried in the fertilizer of life, realize the Lord just may be using you to harvest his best bumper crop yet! 

Find a quiet moment to pray for your family that each member be firmly grafted on to the Vine. Then pray that you will discover true delight as a laborer for the Kingdom!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Beautiful fruit starts as but a tiny bud.  It’s time to bloom where planted and pass it on!