Monday, March 27, 2017

Pray for Marriages (Deaf, blind, & mute)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Deaf, blind, and mute.  I am not talking about a lame person in the bible, but rather, if I am honest with myself that sometimes is a picture of me in my stubbornness.   I don’t want to hear another opinion, I can’t see the other side of the situation, and I am done talking  (mute) about it.  Bad is when this occurs in my marriage. Worse is when I am deaf to the Lord as well. Can anyone relate?

I am like the deaf, hearing nothing, like the mute, I do not open my mouth, I am even like someone who does not hear, who has no answer ready.  Psalm 38:14-15

By nature, we would rather look at our spouse’s blind spots, deafness, and lack of communication than our own.  It is exactly at such times that our need for the Lord becomes greatest, yet we deflect his light and grace when put on our shades and only look outside of ourselves.  Lord help us!

I acknowledge my guilt and grieve over my sin. Do not forsake me, O LORD; my God, be not far from me! Come quickly to help me, my Lord and my salvation! Psalm 38:19, 22

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name: you are mine. All who are called by my name I created for my glory. Isaiah 43:1, 7

Lord, come be our light and enter more fully into each and every marriage.  Give all the courage to kneel down, fold their hands in prayer, and seek the light of your face. Open the eyes of our hearts so that we may live out your perfect plan for our marriages.         

Strengthen hands that are feeble, make firm knees that are weak, Say to the fearful of heart: Be strong, do not fear! Here is your God, he comes with vindication; With divine recompense he comes to save you. Then the eyes of the blind shall see, and the ears of the deaf be opened. Isaiah 35:3-5

Amen!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Help the blind of heart regain their sight.  Pass it on!